M. Besancon established a small shop in 1810, later purchased by M. Legrand. His business was acquired by Edouard Pinaud (1810 - 1868) in 1839; he took on Emile Meyer as a partner in 1852 and established 18 place Vendome, Paris. He collaborated with Dr A Debay on an extensive range of cosmetics, toiletries and beauty preparations. In 1883 Meyer formed an association with his brother in law, Victor Klotz.
They won many awards at the Universal Exhibition of Paris in 1889.
Unfortunatly after the 1929 crash, bankruptcy arrived. The company was relaunched in 1932 by Roger Goldet. The story continues today with a museum and a store on Avenue Montaigne in Paris.
(1937) "Flirt" Rare vintage Pinaud "Gone with the Wind" Scarlett O'Hara figural perfume bottle.
This item was specifically created for the 1939 launch of Margaret Mitchell's 'Gone With the Wind' starring Clark Gable and the beautiful Vivien Leigh.
Stamped 'Design Patent Pending, PINAUD, Paris New York' on base.
Height: 17,5 cm
Price: 150 €